Monday, October 17, 2011

Who am I?

Hello Kids!!

In my first entry i told you about the 5 basic questions that i think are the foundation of who a person is. I will not waste time and get to it. No point in dilly dallying!! (That’s my fun way of saying procrastinate, which by the way I hate!!!!)


Question 1: What is my favorite color?
Well, I would love for this to be a short and sweet answer but it won’t. Colors are the base of everything and everyone we know on this earth. It’s the first thing we see in the morning when we open our eyes to the last thing we still see when we shut them. Now the first thing I want to say is that I do not discriminate against colors. Black and white are colors just as much as purple and green. Usually when you ask someone about their favorite color they know right away and they’ve known since they were a kid. Then you have the awkward person that will say (imagine emo voice) “my fav color is black, because it’s dark like me” lol .What I’m trying to say is that people will usually associate their favorite color with their personalities. Example: A bubbly person will probably say their Favorite color is Yellow or orange, as for the girly girl will chose Pink and well of coarse the big tough guy will have blue as his favorite color. But I truly think that our personalities and our favorite colors have nothing in common. Our favorite color might have a deeper connection to us then we think. It may just be the first color our brain registered as a baby, or the color of our parent’s pajamas. I think we are programmed to like certain colors and hate others. Everyone has them. They are usually the least fortunate of the colors. The brown, sick green or that weird color between yellow, green and brown that everyone calls “
chameleon” (I personally don’t get that one). So all of this to say that I really do not have a specific favourite color but if I had to pick out a winner and clearly point out the loser I would put lime green and deep purple at the top of my list. The sad looser in this contest for me is mustard yellow… it just seem a bit off beat and like if it’s not feeling to well. Who would want that color anywhere??(Except on a smoked meat sandwich!!)


Question 2: What are my favorite movies?
Hands down the best movie I have seen is “The Wizard of Oz” (WARNING to all the haters… I will cease to be your friend). This movie is forever in my heart for so many reasons I just don’t know where to start. Here is my interpretation of the movie and what I believe is the message they want to pass around. Being a young girl, as I was myself once (young…ahhh how I miss it), Dorothy Gail, a small girl for Kansas hopes for a live outside of the ordinary “blas” of living in a farm house. After a MEGA TORNADO hits her home Dorothy is transported to her dream place, a place of wonder and excitement. However, as intrigued as she is, Dorothy almost immediately wants to go back home. She goes on this amazing journey all the way back home. All of this to basically make her realize that there really is no place like home, even after getting the perfect thing she had always dreamed about, she realized all she ever could dream of was right there, right in her own back yard. The moral of the story is (for me anyways) be content with what you have, you will realize that better things are usually not what they seem. I do have several other favorite movies but I’ll keep that for another posting.


Question 3: What do i want to do with my life?
This is a BIG question for a lot of people. Some of you have been asking yourself that question since 6th grade. Others are not quite ready to face that one yet. Whichever one of these people you are, remember one thing there is a reason why you know or don’t know that answer. I, personally, am in the question right now. I know what you are thinking “But, wait, you can’t be IN a question” I say, that’s poppycock!!! Lol I am in the middle of answering that question in this precise moment in my life. When I was about 5 I wanted to be a singer. When I was 10, I think I wanted to be a Vet. At the age of 15, I wanted to be an adult. By the age of 20, I craved being a kid again. Pretty ironic. Now I know that when I was younger I had no real clue to what I wanted out of life. No really notion of what my actions and decision would bring me to later on. All I know now is that I have ambitions and plans of a few things.

Here are a few of my goals at the moment.

Number 1: Finish my high school ~ Dear 15 year old me, screw you for not listening to EVERYONE who told you to finish your high school.

Number 2: Get in shape ~ Not just loose the few extra pounds, but really get in shape and do things like marathons, maybe one day a triathlon or maybe just maybe a Spartan race (yes right, BIG dreams). Get more into boxing and sparring (two things I have sparked a new interest in lately and loving it more and more).

Number 3: Do more photography ~ Get a bunch more lenses and other tools of the trade. Set up a small studio in my basement and create and put out my first portfolio before December 2012. This may not seem like a big task but for me it’s a passion I did not peruse for a long time. I have great talent in this hobby that I take after my Dad and I am forever be grateful that he picked up a camera when he was younger.

I do have more that you will get to know eventually.



Question 4: Who is my inspiration?

I have three at the moment. At the top of my list is my mother. Through all the life struggles that faith decided to throw at my mom, she crash threw them and persevered.

My Mimi. My Grams, Grama, My meema, you will forever be in my heart. You were the happiest person I knew. I look up to you in hopes that one day I can be just a fraction of the super awesome person you were and will always be in my heart. I love you. R.I.P. xox

Gina Corano. No more needs to be said. If you don't know who she is, google her.


Question 5: Do i believe in love?
This question…….ohh how I have been dreading this question… I really hate this question. I will explain something about me for you to understand how I feel about love. I am a hopeless romantic, a wanna be princess in all the Disney movies, the damsel in distress in all the old black and whites. I fall in love with falling in love. I cave the feeling of bliss and crazy heart pitter patter. I fall hard and when I fall I bring down a lot with me. What I mean is that I tend to lose myself in the love and guy that I’m with. I become that person. I am not saying I am fake. Some people say that in order for a couple to work you have to be willing to make sacrifices in life and love. Well I’m all too willing to sacrifice. I have done things for love I will never be able to take back. I do not regret these things because they have made me who I am today (which by the way I think is pretty awesome!!) I believe in love so much that I expect it to be just like in the movies. That is why right now I do not believe in it anymore. I broke up with love a few months back. It was the best break up ever! Lol Don’t get me wrong, love is out there, I see it one my parents every day or in my grandparents when that bicker at each other. But right here right now for me, love is on vacation down south and I’m in the North Pole. We are too far apart to even be sure the other one is there.

So there are my answers to the 5 basic questions you should always know about people you care about.


Next post title: Hazard


Pieces fall into place like the Domino effect.

1 comment: